Full day face to face course and online training course
Who should attend:
Nursery professionals acting as the DSLs. Learners must complete a basic safeguarding course such as NDNA's basic safeguarding training beforehand.
What you learn on part one of the course (face to face):
- The latest Ofsted safeguarding guidance
- The importance of keeping up-to-date with your own local safeguarding children's board advice and guidance
- Your role and responsibilities as a DSL
- E-safety and social media in relation to safeguarding
- What may prevent children from disclosing abuse and support your team to respond effectively
- How to make informed decisions about the action to take when concerned about a child in your care and analyse the referral process
- Your Disqualification by Association responsibilities
- Your responsibility under the Prevent Duty and about Female Genital Mutilation (FGM)
- The Toxic Trio and identifying signs and symptoms
- How the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) works with child protection.
What you learn on part two of the course (online):
This course also gives you access to NDNA's 'Train the Trainer' online course so you can train your team to meet section 3.6 of the EYFS too.
- How to train a staff team
- The teaching and learning cycle
- Identifying barriers to learning
- How to download training resources for your team.
What you'll receive:
- A handbook and full set of resources
- Access to NDNA's Early Years Development Zone including important information, documents, videos and a message board
- A certificate
- A quarterly safeguarding updates newsletter.
Prices and how to book:
We have courses running throughout the UK. Find a course near you here.
The cost is £120 per person for members and £160 for non-members.
If you would like to have this course for your whole staff team, the cost is £1,200 or £1,600 members/non-members respectively for up to 16 people. Please give us a call to arrange a date convenient to you.