Strategies to support and encourage positive behaviour in young children
Full and half day, open courses are also available
Who should attend:
Suitable for all early years practitioners working with children of all ages.
What will I learn?
According to the Early Years Inspection Handbook 2019, nurseries are expected to have high expectations for children’s behaviour and conduct. Nurseries will be judged on how children "are beginning to manage their own feelings and behaviour and to understand how these have an impact on others."
This half or full day course will provide a range of strategies to support behaviour management. The training will help you to understand the reasons and triggers for challenging behaviours, such as not sharing, biting and using inappropriate language. The course also covers self-regulation and developing a positive emotional environment.
Full day additional topics:
- Strategies to support positive behaviour
- Behaviours at different age stages
- The impact of self-regulation and empathy in relation to behaviour
- Minimising biting and promoting sharing
- Activities and resources that help with personal, social and emotional development
- Conflict resolution and saying "Sorry."
- Strategies for further specific behaviours: temper tantrums, bullying and swearing
- Brain development and attachment
- Courageous conversations with parents
- Helping children develop life skills to resolve their own disputes.
To book this childcare course for your nursery please call 01484 407070 for a quote or email email@example.com.
Find an open childcare course near you