Early Years Foundation Stage video quiz answers
Areas of learning and development:
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development - Making relationships (22-36 and 30-50 months)
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development - Self-confidence and self-awareness (22-36 months)
- Communication and language - Understanding (22-36 months)
- Communication and language - Speaking (22-36 months)
- Physical development - Moving and handling (22-36 months)
- Personal, social and emotional development - Making relationships (22-36 months).
Characteristics of effective learning:
The child demonstrates engagement in their choice of play and their particular fascination with the open and close action. She is motivated and maintains focus and initiates the play through making links to her own experiences.
You may have considered providing some further opportunities to explore the open and close action using a range of different sized boxes or containers and introduce more challenging items such as zippers and padlocks.
You may want to suggest that the parents provide some household pegs and a wooden box so their child can practice opening and closing the pegs as they clip them onto the edge of the box/card.
- To improve your knowledge of the EYFS, please visit our EYFS page
- To improve your knowledge of the Characteristics of Effective Learning, please see our training course