A full set of nursery policies and procedures are central to providing high-quality care and operating a successful nursery.
'Your essential guide to policies and procedures' is an invaluable resource for all nurseries. The publication is ideal for those starting a nursery or already managing a setting.
The policies and procedures publication advises how to formulate nursery policies and procedures, communication and responsibilities and includes over 60 nursery policy and procedure templates which you can adapt for use in your nursery. Policies and templates include: child protection/safeguarding children, inclusion and equality, promoting positive behaviour, health and safety, medication, parent contract. New and updated : the publication now includes a grievance procedure and disciplinary procedure.
Specifically adapted publication for each nation
There are three versions of the publication available adapted specifically for nurseries in England, Scotland and Wales. Plus access to download Word document versions of each template to adapt for your nursery.
Each version of the 'your essential guide to policies and procedures' publication has five key sections:
- Statutory framework policies - compulsory policies and procedures required to meet the statutory framework for that country, adapted specifically for nurseries in England, Scotland and Wales
- Health and safety - policies and procedures required to meet health and safety and insurance requirements
- Human resources - policies and procedures to support your staff team and ensure you are meeting employment law requirements
- Best practice - policies and procedures to support best practice in your setting
- Templates - a range of additional nursery templates to use in your setting.
Policies are mapped against the Early Years Foundation Stage (England) National Care Standards (Scotland) and National Minimum Standards (Wales). Compulsory policies for nurseries in Wales are also translated into Welsh.
This publication is A4 size. Updated November 2013.
NDNA members can access this full publication for FREE by signing into the website and clicking here. Hard copies are still available to buy at a discounted rate.
- NDNA members - £36.50
- Non-members - £85.50
Price includes postage to UK delivery address.
How to buy
NDNA events: Buy and take them away on the day.
Order online: NDNA members don't forget to sign in to receive your discount.