Develop your storytelling skills
This activity will help you develop your storytelling skills as an early years practitioner.
- You could watch at a staff meeting this video of Michael Rosen (author of We’re Going on a Bear Hunt) telling the story
- Observe how he draws you into the story with his voice, facial expressions and his body language
- Repetition, repetition, repetition! It helps children to:
- Recall the story and retell it themselves
- Develop their language skills
- Get drawn into the story because they feel they know it very early on.
- Discover more about Michael Rosen with some suggested activities by downloading the Teacher’s Notes provided by Walker Books below.