'Parenting. Give it time' initiative
‘Parenting. Give it time’, is a Welsh Government initiative giving practical tips and advice to parents on encouraging positive behaviour, boosting their child’s confidence and supporting their development. It also provides tips and advice on common parenting concerns including on tantrums, bed times, bath times and potty training.
The initiative has a dedicated website and Facebook page, and the Welsh Government has also produced a range of bilingual materials with tips for parents of young children:
- Supporting and guiding children’s behaviour
- Bathtime advice
- Bedtime advice
- Biting advice
- Coping with a crying baby advice
- Meal times advice (suitable for 1-5 years)
- Toilet or potty training advice (suitable from 2 years)
- Shopping advice (suitable for 1-5 years)
- Tantrums advice (suitable from 1-4 years).
Download the resources in English and Welsh.