Skip to main content
Shop With Us
NDNA | National Day Nurseries Association
Annual reports and finance
Hire our training rooms
Work for NDNA
NDNA's Quality Vision
Face to face training
Consultancy and business support
Maths, Literacy & SEND Champions
Surveys and reports
Share this page
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
NDNA has designed a specialist training course that will give you the skills to be a designated safeguarding lead and then the resources and ability to deliver safeguarding training to your team.
Face-to-face and online
This course is in two parts: face-to-face designated lead training followed by additional online train the trainer modules to enable you to train all staff within your setting. Section 3.6 of the EYFS states: “Providers must train all staff to understand their safeguarding policies and procedures, and ensure all staff have up to date knowledge of safeguarding issues."
Why should I attend?
· Meet safeguarding requirements of the EYFS - ensures nurseries are meeting their responsibilities of section 3.6 of the EYFS to carry out safeguarding training for all staff.
· Save time and money - nurseries can carry out their own safeguarding training in-house.
· Support staff - a nominated safeguarding lead who can support staff with ongoing safeguarding issues.
What will I learn?
Face to face training
· Support your knowledge of the legislation and guidance relating to safeguarding children in your practice
· Examine your role as the designated safeguarding person in your setting and your areas of responsibility
· Explore what may prevent children from disclosing abuse and support your team to respond effectively to a child who may disclose
· Make informed decisions about the action to take when concerned about a child in your care and analyse the referral process.
Train the trainer (online)
· Develop an understanding of training a staff team
· Identify individual learning styles
· Identify barriers to learning
· Download safeguarding training resources for your team.
£120pp for Members
£160pp for Non Members
Price includes a delegate pack with copies of all the slides and handouts, refreshments and a certificate of attendance.
To book please use the buttons below or contact NDNA's training department on:
01484 40 70 70 ext 240
It can also be delivered in-house to your staff team. Please contact NDNA for more info.
Interested in this course but can’t make it? Let us know why. Contact
Please note lunch is not provided.
Parking is not available onsite - chargeable car parks and railway stations are nearby.
Wheelchair access is available.
If you have any learning requirements we need to be aware of prior to the training, please inform NDNA
What you need to bring with you
As part of the day we will be looking at the EYFS Safeguarding and Welfare Requirements and also your individual Local Authority Threshold document for referring concerns for child protection. It is a pre-course requirement to find your threshold document and bring your EYFS to the training. This can be found by visiting either your Local Safeguarding Children’s Board website or the Local Authority website. The threshold document may be called something else, if you cannot find it on the LSCB website then please contact the LSCB to locate this prior to the training.This is an essential document and you should have this to hand as the Designated Lead for Safeguarding in your setting.We will be looking at this document during the training so please ensure you have this with you on the day.
For terms and conditions please click
16/03/2018 09:30 - 16/03/2018 16:30
Merseyside Youth Association 65-67 Hanover Street Liverpool, Merseyside L1 3DY
Keep me signed in
I don't know my
Create a new account