Skip to main content
Shop With Us
NDNA | National Day Nurseries Association
Annual reports and finance
Hire our training rooms
Work for NDNA
NDNA's Quality Vision
Face to face training
Consultancy and business support
Maths, Literacy & SEND Champions
Surveys and reports
Share this page
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
NDNA has designed a specialist training course that will give you the skills to be a designated safeguarding lead and then the resources and ability to deliver safeguarding training to your team.
Face-to-face and online
This course is in two parts: face-to-face designated lead training followed by additional online train the trainer modules to enable you to train all staff within your setting. Section 3.6 of the EYFS states: “Providers must train all staff to understand their safeguarding policies and procedures, and ensure all staff have up to date knowledge of safeguarding issues."
Why should I attend?
· Meet safeguarding requirements of the EYFS - ensures nurseries are meeting their responsibilities of section 3.6 of the EYFS to carry out safeguarding training for all staff.
· Save time and money - nurseries can carry out their own safeguarding training in-house.
· Support staff - a nominated safeguarding lead who can support staff with ongoing safeguarding issues.
What will I learn?
Face to face training
· Support your knowledge of the legislation and guidance relating to safeguarding children in your practice
· Examine your role as the designated safeguarding person in your setting and your areas of responsibility
· Explore what may prevent children from disclosing abuse and support your team to respond effectively to a child who may disclose
· Make informed decisions about the action to take when concerned about a child in your care and analyse the referral process.
Train the trainer (online)
· Develop an understanding of training a staff team
· Identify individual learning styles
· Identify barriers to learning
· Download safeguarding training resources for your team.
£160 Non Members
It can also be delivered in-house to your staff team. Please contact NDNA for more info.
For more information or to book contact NDNA's training department on:
01484 40 70 70 ext 240
Price includes a delegate pack with copies of all the slides and handouts, refreshments and a certificate of attendance.
Please note lunch is not provided.
- Marco Island, NG1 1EA
- Curzon Street, NG3 1DG
- Metro Car Parks, NG3 1FH
- Victoria Centre, NG1 3QN
Please check with car parks for price changes and opening times as they are subject to change.
On Street Parking
The surrounding area offers on street parking payable by meter.
Nottingham Rail Station
08457 48 49 50 (National rail enquiries)
Walking directions from Nottingham Rail Station
1. Head east on Station St toward Trent St
2. Turn left onto Trent St
3. Slight right onto Canal St/A6008
4. Slight left onto London Rd/A6008
Continue to follow A6008
5. Turn right onto Beck St
Destination will be on the left
17/07/2017 09:30 - 17/07/2017 16:30
Antenna Media Centre Beck Street Nottingham, Nottinghamshire NG1 1EQ
Keep me signed in
I don't know my
Create a new account