Skip to main content
Shop With Us
NDNA | National Day Nurseries Association
Annual reports and finance
Hire our training rooms
Work for NDNA
NDNA's Quality Vision
Face to face training
Consultancy and business support
Maths, Literacy & SEND Champions
Funded nursery places
Surveys and reports
Share this page
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
NDNA has designed a specialist training course that will give you the skills to be a designated safeguarding lead and then the resources and ability to deliver safeguarding training to your team.
Face-to-face and online
This course is in two parts: face-to-face designated lead training followed by additional online train the trainer modules to enable you to train all staff within your setting. Section 3.6 of the EYFS states: “Providers must train all staff to understand their safeguarding policies and procedures, and ensure all staff have up to date knowledge of safeguarding issues."
Why should I attend?
· Meet safeguarding requirements of the EYFS - ensures nurseries are meeting their responsibilities of section 3.6 of the EYFS to carry out safeguarding training for all staff.
· Save time and money - nurseries can carry out their own safeguarding training in-house.
· Support staff - a nominated safeguarding lead who can support staff with ongoing safeguarding issues.
What will I learn?
Face to face training
· Support your knowledge of the legislation and guidance relating to safeguarding children in your practice
· Examine your role as the designated safeguarding person in your setting and your areas of responsibility
· Explore what may prevent children from disclosing abuse and support your team to respond effectively to a child who may disclose
· Make informed decisions about the action to take when concerned about a child in your care and analyse the referral process.
Train the trainer (online)
· Develop an understanding of training a staff team
· Identify individual learning styles
· Identify barriers to learning
· Download safeguarding training resources for your team.
£160 Non Members
It can also be delivered in-house to your staff team. Please contact NDNA for more info.
For more information or to book contact NDNA's training department on: 01484 40 70 70 ext 240
This includes a delegate pack with copies of all the slides and handouts, refreshments and a certificate of attendance.
Please note lunch is not provided.
This venue has full disabled access.
20/02/2017 09:30 - 20/02/2017 16:30
Merseyside Youth Association Limited 65 - 67 Hanover Street Liverpool, Merseyside L1 3DY
Keep me signed in
I don't know my
Create a new account