We're supporting nurseries in Wales by:
How we recently supported nurseries in Wales
- Working strategically with the Welsh Government and other agencies to address childcare issues in Wales
- Developing relationships with local networks of nursery members
- Providing you with information and support specific to nurseries in Wales
- Providing continuous professional development to help nurseries grow as businesses
- Working with local authorities to support day nurseries throughout Wales.
The staff from Rocking Horse Day Nursery, Flintshire completed the self-study online Camau course. Following this, Debbie Davison Welsh Language Project Coordinator, held a zoom session, to support the practitioners embed the language. Debbie sang a song and read a story to the children.
Evelyn from Rocking Horse, Flintshire stated:
"We feel the session went really well and the children responded well to the zoom call and interacted with Deb Davison. The Children listened and responded very well, especially as we had a large group. It was lovely to hear them counting in Welsh and saying Hywl fawr (Goodbye) too. We would definitely be interested in another session soon. "
Debbie Davison, NDNA Cymru Welsh Language Project Coordinator, supported the staff at Cupcakes & Dinosaurs by singing to the children and reading a Christmas story in Welsh.
Hayley from Cupcakes & Dinosaurs stated:
“Our little ones thoroughly enjoyed their first live welsh session - great to have an opportunity for interaction at last and lovely to see even our very youngest children joining in. The staff found it helpful for their own welsh progression too and we have new stories and vocab which we will now continue to consolidate after the session. We can’t wait for the next one!”