Childcare Choices update – November 30 deadline for 30 hours places starting January 2018
New information from HMRC regarding registering on Childcare Choices website November 2017
With the January term fast approaching, we’re encouraging parents to apply for 30 hours as soon as possible. We strongly advise them to apply before 30 November to make sure they get their code in good time for next term. As you know, not all parents can get a code straight away – HMRC sometimes needs more information to check whether a parent is eligible.
We also want to remind existing parents to reconfirm their eligibility for 30 hours every 3 months.
To support this, we’ve produced a new parent communications toolkit, to provide further information to parents about 30 hours and Tax-Free Childcare. The toolkit includes the following:
- Customer journey infographics for both 30 hours and Tax-Free Childcare
- ‘Top things parents and providers should know’ Q&A
- A factsheet for parents on how they can use their 30 hours’ entitlement
- A glossary for parents and providers to help explain key words associated with 30 hours and Tax-Free Childcare
- Email templates for parents (from providers).
Eligible parents can apply for both 30 hours free childcare and Tax-Free Childcare via Childcare Choices
. They can apply for all of their children once their youngest child qualifies - read more here.
You can also download information for parents below. The information covers how parents who've applied for 30 hours already can access their account.