The National Children’s Museum in Halifax, West Yorkshire is a hands-on and immersive experience that inspires children to learn through play.
With over 400 exhibits across six themed galleries we support all three characteristics of effective learning as identified in the Early Years Foundation Stage:
- Children can play and explore throughout the museum such as in our role-play garage, kitchen and shop
- Our interactive exhibits provide opportunities for children to concentrate and engage in active learning
- Opportunities for open-ended play to help children to create and think critically and develop their own ideas.
As experts in child development our interactive workshops and shows are designed to support the Early Learning Goals in a way that ignites their curiosity and enthusiasm for learning.
As we’re exclusively for children, our helpful staff are on hand to support practitioners and provide a stress-free day for you and your children.
Reach for the Stars show:
May - July.
Book our new storytelling show and your children will be transported to the Moon and learn about the lunar landing 50 years ago.
Links to the Early Years Goals:
- Listening and attention
- Mathematics: shape, space and measures
- Understanding the world
- Expressive arts and design
- Exploring and using media and materials
- Being imaginative.