This Privacy Statement explains our practices, including your choices, regarding the collection, use and disclosure of certain information, including your personal information, by National Day Nurseries Association (NDNA).
If you have general questions about your membership, your orders or your bookings please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
. The data controller of your personal information is National Day Nurseries Association (NDNA), Longbow Close, Huddersfield HD2 1GQ. For questions specifically about this Privacy Statement, or our use of your personal information, cookies or similar technologies, please contact us by email at email@example.com
Collection of information
We receive and store information about you such as:
- Information you provide to us:
- Your name, email, address, telephone number, payment method and certain information about your business such as number of childcare places. We collect this information online when you enter it or give it to us while using our membership services, our website, booking an event or training course, buying a product or service, entering our annual awards or participating in surveys or promotions.
- If you are a member of NDNA, information you enter online when you update or amend your nursery profile or provide this information to us by telephone or post.
- Information about your use of the website
- The requested web page or download with date and time you accessed the website
- The internet address from which you accessed the website
- Details about your device, browser and operating system for support purposes
- Information from other sources: We might supplement the information described above with information we obtain from other sources, such as Ofsted.
Use of information
We use your information to provide, administer and improve our services and marketing to you, to process your membership, your orders, bookings and your payments and to communicate with you.
Consent – your choices
We will only contact your personal email address if we have your consent to do so. All our marketing email communications includes clearly visible unsubscribe and opt-out links for changing preferences. You can opt out of communications at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a member of NDNA or have signed up to one of our services, events, training, awards or ordered from us then you will automatically receive our communications by email, telephone and post unless you tell us otherwise.
Disclosure of information
Information collected by us will be used by NDNA only and not passed to third parties unless you have given consent, except where the product or service is delivered by a third party on our behalf, or we are obliged by law to do so. If those third parties are based outside the EU, we will ensure that their data processing activities are compliant with EU law. We will only keep data for as long as necessary. We share your information for certain purposes and to third parties, as described below:
Retention of information
We retain your information for as long as required either by UK or EU law and/or as long as we need it to fulfil the terms of your membership and/or to provide you with services or information you have requested or signed up to and for the legitimate running of NDNA.
Use of NDNA website(s)
We make every effort to ensure that viruses, malware and other malicious software is excluded from our website, however we advise that you take appropriate precautions to protect your device. NDNA cannot be held responsible for any consequential damage from malicious software or any other use of our website, products or services.
While undertaking transactions through the NDNA shop your personal financial data is protected by Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to ensure secure transmission of the information. Please check that your browser shows the padlock symbol and that it is connected to our approved website www.ndna.org.uk. We use Sage Pay to collect/process transaction information. Please see Sage Pay’s security policy at www.sagepay.co.uk/policies/security-policy.
Your information and rights
You have the right to access any information we hold relating to you. You can request access to personal information or details of any transfers to third parties by emailing us at email@example.com. You may also request that we delete personal information that we hold about you. We may reject requests that are unreasonable or not required by law, including those that would be extremely impractical or could require disproportionate technical effort.