Advanced Child Protection
NDNA Scotland training
This NDNA Scotland course will give you the skills to perform your role as designated lead for child protection.
Who should attend:
This course is aimed at lead practitioners, managers and child protection co-ordinators.
What will I learn?
- Examine your role as the designated child protection co-ordinator in the nursery and understand own areas of responsibility
- Explore e-safety and social media in relation to child protection
- Analyse Serious/Significant Case Reviews and the impact this has on the legislation and guidance relating to child protection for the children in your care
- Identify the importance of keeping up-to-date with your own local authority’s Child Protection advice and guidance
- Explore what may prevent children from disclosing abuse and support your team to respond effectively to disclosures
- Make informed decisions about the action to take when concerned about a child in your care and analyse the referral process
- Be informed about the disqualification by association responsibilities
- Implement support for all involved in child protection cases.