Characteristics of effective learning
Vital for lifelong learning - Embed the Characteristics of Effective Learning in your setting
Duration: Full day
Who should attend: All childcare practitioners
What will I learn?
This NDNA childcare course will help you understand the three key ‘Characteristics of Effective Learning’ - Engagement, Motivation, and Thinking. These characteristics must be central to the planning and guiding of children’s activities.
Under the new Early Years Inspection Handbook 2019, Ofsted inspectors will observe directly the way in which children demonstrate the key characteristics of effective learning. This course will help you show to Ofsted how you incorporate the CoEL into your practice.
- Understand how children are born to learn and key policy recommendations
- The adult role in implementing the COEL in practice
- The EYFS in relation to the COEL
- Expectations from Ofsted in the Early Years Handbook 2019
- Showing Ofsted how you evaluate your practice regarding the CoEL
- Motivating children to learn
Book this childcare course for your nursery: Please call 01484 407070 for a quote