Duration: Half day
Who should attend: All childcare practitioners
What will I learn?
This introductory course will provide practitioners with the skills and understanding to develop inclusive environments and practice in their setting to benefit all children.
- Define the terminology and laws around inclusion relating to our most vulnerable children
- Reflect on the issues surrounding inclusion
- Develop our understanding of why play is important for all children
- Share ideas and information that can be put into practice right away
- Demonstrate the importance of first-hand sensory experience of inclusive play materials
- Discuss ideas and information that can be put into practice right away
- Share how to increase parents’ own awareness of the importance of play and support the home learning environment.