Personal, social and emotional development
Learn how to support personal, social and emotional development in each unique child
Duration: Half day
Who should attend:
Suitable for all early years practitioners working with children of all ages following the EYFS.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
• Understand the importance of personal, social and emotional development (PSED) and how this is reflected as a prime area of learning and development in the EYFS
• Understand the importance of PSED in young children and how this builds invaluable foundations for future learning and development
• Confidently use strategies to support PSED in each unique child through careful observations, assessment and planning
• Understand the role of the adult in supporting the PSED of young children
• Understand the importance of the enabling environment in PSED of young children
• Identify the stages children may travel through in their learning journey with regards to PSED, how this links to the Development Matters guidance and their planning.