Supporting Staff Well-being and Resilience in Early Years
Strategies for nursery managers to improve the emotional intelligence and well-being of your team
Duration: Full day
Who should attend: Owners and Managers
What will I learn?
The new Education Inspection Framework states that inspectors will look for evidence that leaders engage with staff, supporting them to “manage any of the main pressures on them”. At outstanding providers, there will be “high levels of support for staff for well-being issues.”
This leadership course will provide nursery managers with the skills and knowledge to encourage emotional intelligence and well-being within the staff team. You will learn how to develop a supportive staff culture and team ethos.
Attending this course will help you create a highly resilient and positive workforce, well equipped to deliver the best outcomes for children in your care.
Key course topics
- Key elements of emotional well-being and intelligence
- Ofsted requirements for supporting staff well-being and the positive impact on practice
- Personal hidden stress and the implications on health
- Supporting staff to communicate effectively with colleagues, friends and family
- Strategies for supporting staff to build resilience, personally and professionally
- The benefits of reflective practice and how it supports well-being.
Please note this course can only be delivered from April 2020 onwards.