Adult role in supporting play and quality interactions
NDNA Scotland training
The childcare practitioner is central to brain development, attachment and emotional well-being in each young child.
Who should attend:
Suitable for all practitioners
What will I learn?
This NDNA Scotland childcare course will show you how to help children to become emotionally and intellectually ready to think and learn.
- Latest research relating to brain development, quality interactions and the role of the adult
- Stages of attachment and how to support these
- Different ways in which young children learn and how to effectively support this through play and interaction
- Compare the benefits of child initiated and adult led play
- Illustrate strategies to use when participating in children’s play and consulting with children
- Analyse the benefits of shared sustained thinking on children’s learning.