What will I learn?
This NDNA childcare course will show practitioners how they help babies make sense of the world around them. Your role is vital in supporting healthy brain development, as you form secure attachments and provide stimulating environments.
The Early Years Inspection Handbook 2019 will judge nurseries on whether the "relationships between staff and babies are sensitive, stimulating and responsive."
This course contains sections on tuning into babies’ needs, improving communication sharing and maximising learning opportunities through care routines. All delegates receive a booklet containing key activity ideas to take back to the nursery.
- The wonder of babies
- Your role in babies’ brain development
- The importance of attachment and “attunement”
- The Characteristics of Effective Learning for babies
- Communication and Language with babies
- An enabling environment for babies, now including outdoors
- Treasure baskets and heuristic play
The course uses videos, group activities, a quiz, written material and interactive discussions to support learning.
Book this childcare course for your nursery: Please call 01484 407070 for a quote