Who is this course for:
All childcare practitioners providing snacks and meals to children
6-8 hours to complete
£10.50+VAT for members and £12.00+VAT for non-members.
- Allergens and the law
- Introduction to allergens, the 14 main allergens and suggestions of alternative ingredients
- Recipe writing and ingredient panels, systems to ensure compliance with the law
- Preventing allergenic contamination
- Emergency first aid with Helen Underwood, a leading expert on anaphylaxis and emergency first aid procedures.
Get a full taster in our video below.
Start the course
NDNA members login and access your exclusive discount here then access the course here
Non members simply click here
Allergens and the law
- The Food Information for Consumers Regulation law has implications for childcare providers
- All nurseries in the UK that provide snacks and meals to children must be able to detail what ingredients are in every single food dish served
- You MUST be able to answer any queries that parents have regarding allergens
- All allergenic ingredients declared correctly for all the food you serve
Find out more about food labelling here